Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20220129.235303.529f829b@mixmin.net>

Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 23:53:03 +0000
Subject: Re: Omnimix Help: How to Retrieve Nym Messages
From: Anonymous Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid>
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server

Yamn  Remailer <noreply@mix2.remailer.xyz> wrote:

>I'm trying to set up a new Nym using Omnimix.
>
>It's a slow slog. I find the instructions confusing, but that is just me.
>
>My question is this:
>
>Where do you receive Nym messages if your reply block
>is set up to alt.anonymous.messages?
>
>Do you receive those newsgroup messages from inside Omnimix?
>
>If so where in Omnimix? I just can't seem to grasp that. Where in
>Omnimix do you read the messages?
>
>Can you set up Omnimix to receive Nym messages from inside Thunderbird?
>
>Thanks for the help.

Retrieving nym messages is a two-tier process.

The first step is OM's scheduled download of all alt.anonymous.messages
into its Hamster repository (tab Hamster|Config), e.g. at 15-minute
intervals, from where user messages then later on can be extracted.

When now your Thunderbird logs into one of OM's user accounts using the
POP3 port
- OM looks up which nyms are assigned to that account (tab User).
- Then it retrieves for each of these nyms the alt.anonymous.messages
  pointer up to where postings already have been processed.
- From that position on it then continues to search within the Hamster
  repository (login data at tab NwsNym|Server) for matching nym
  messages, decodes them and offers the resulting bunch of mails to the
  mail client.
- Finally, in case no errors occurred during the mail transfer, OM
  updates the alt.anonymous.messages pointer of all those nyms.
  BTW, in order to repeat the processing of a nym's messages that
  pointer can be altered at the Nym Configurator, field Newsgroup
  Pointer.